17 April 2012

Book Review : Dior Couture

Hi all,
I just got one of the most beautiful books... Dior Couture by Patrick Demarchelier. It arrived in the post, and within seconds it has become one of my most prized possessions. Now if my house was going to burn down and I could only save 3 items this book would definitely be one of them! The pictures in this book are so amazing. All of them capture the essence of the Dior label, showcasing garments from the 1950's up to the present day. Patrick Demarchelier is one of the most renowned fashion photographers in the world, with his work appearing in every top magazine such as Vogue, Vanity Fair and W. This book shows more than 100 haute couture Dior pieces all shot by Demarchelier. A definite must have for any Dior addicts out there like me!
Here are a few of my favourites:


Arizona coat, Fall-Winter 1948
Fall-Winter 2004
Bar Suit, Spring-Summer 1947
Nuit de Grenade dress, Spring-Summer 1960
CHIYO-SAN suit, Spring-Summer 2007
EMI-SAN suit, Spring-Summer 2007
Hope you have enjoyed this quick peek at this amazing book!
xox Niamh xox

1 comment:

  1. Hi- I am pleased you got the book : ) and looks really good !!
    The Marc Jacobs perfumes smell so amazing tell me what you think...
    Also thanks for the message about my dressing table - I love it hehehe and the only thing in my room I keep spotless : )
    Love soph xx

    ReplyDelete