16 April 2012

Levi Jean Challange

Hi all,




Whilst flicking through the May issue of Vogue I came across an article that grabbed my attention instantly. 5 pairs of classic Levi jeans were sent to 5 different designers: Mary Katrantzou, Missoni, Clements Ribeiro, Peter Pilotto and Maarten Van Der Horst.



They were challenged to re-design the jeans in a fun and creative way. I absolutely fell in love with Mary Katrantzou's approach of turning them into shorts and completely drowning them in sequins. I am a great admirer of beading and little details that take that extra bit of effort, and I would definitely wear these with a plain white t-shirt, or crochet lace top.




This had to be my second favourite design. I think that it was one of the most original approaches dramatically altering the look of the jeans by sculpting them into a body suit. I love the floral fabric he used on the back. The frills are just amazing! 
I like the lace, particularly on the waist band, and the diagonal lines are interesting. However it seems a bit too basic (what can I say, I'm a sucker for detail)
I think the printing technique Peter Pilotto has used on the Levi jeans i really cute. I like the bright poppy colours. I think they would have been even more successful if they had changed the shaping slightly. 

By changing the fabric and pattern on the surface of the denim the look has been completely changed. I like the contrast of fabrics they used. 
So what do you think? Which one is your favorite?

xox Niamh xox

No comments:

Post a Comment