6 June 2012

A portrait of my Grandmother

Hi all,

Here is a painting I did of my Grandma. She was a bit overwhelmed by it when she saw it in real life, because it is 5 foot long. It was in my school exhibition, and people kept coming up to her and saying, 'your the lady in the painting'. I think she enjoyed the attention :)
I kept the actual painting quite loose, tightening it up in areas with darker shades. I was really pleased with the background, its a repeat pattern of one of the seats she had in her house. I faded the colour out towards the figure in the centre. This took a LONG time :)


xox Niamh xox

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful... your granny looks really posh here !! Feel free to paint me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, yeah she kind of does (she has good posture :) Yeah I will paint you (when I have some free time) x

      Delete
  2. That's an AMAZING portrait! I love this so much. Great job!

    xoxo

    Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You have a really lovely blog :) x

      Delete
  3. I love the picture :)
    Thank you very much for your comment and sorry that I didn't reply earlier.
    Regarding Paris- it was also the first time for me, so I don't have any insider tips yet. I guess you know the typical tourist places ;)
    Have a great trip in July :)
    xx

    http://golden-mirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think we might just try to tackle some of the main sight (and I really want to go the musee de la mode) Squeeze in as much as possible in three days :)
      x

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous! What sort of paint did you use? You kept it amazingly proportionate, especially considering how big the piece is! Really beautiful.

    xo Julie
    ♥Julie Rose Sews♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I painted it using acrylics. I kind of want to experiment with oils a bit now, they blend so much better than acrylics
      Thanks for you lovely comment :) x

      Delete