3 February 2013

Knitting Sample

Hi all,

So here is the little knitting sample I made in the knitting workshop I did. I knitted with both net and a yarn I made up. I had never thought of making my own yarn, but it is really fun and gives you so much more control over the design and outcome.
I combined three existing yarns (a black wool, blue chenille yarn and a grey mohair yarn) I stitched them together using the zig zag stitch on the sewing machine, and every 10 cms or so I included a little strip of the same netting (or a white cotton)
I knitted it up on 5mm needles, which I think might be a little too small for the net. I am cursed with being quite a tight knitter, so I did struggle in a few places to get the needles through the net!

Here it is...




So...who loves knitting???

xox Niamh xox


No comments:

Post a Comment