4 July 2014

Creative White Shirt

Hi all,

As one of the first projects on my course, we had to take the basic pattern cutting skills that we developed, and exploit them in a creative white shirt.
I chose to base mine on containment, and the ideas of Victorian life. I created a shirt that buttons up the back with a row of pearl buttons, it has a wide high neck and exaggerated sleeves. There are external panels that wrap over the sleeves, limiting the arm movements of the wearer.
The lower part of the shirt I developed a pleated feature, which I lined in a satin lining to emphasize. 

I definitely wasn't thinking 'wearable' when I designed this, but I wanted to explore elements that could then be extracted and adapted into something slightly less dramatic.



It's a little crazy, and I probably won't be wandering down the high street wearing it any time soon, but I had so much fun making it, and I am really pleased with the outcome.

xox Niamh xox

No comments:

Post a Comment